There is a certain commercial on TV these days that I have fallen in love with. It’s for an interesting new feature on the Nissan Altima. When filling the tires with air, the car will honk its horn at you once optimum pressure has been reached so that you don’t overfill.
What’s so entertaining about the commercial is that it depicts a sort of goofy-looking but average guy going through his life and hearing a horn honk every time he has done “enough” of something. When he’s trying out a new handshake, putting on cologne, making a move on a girl and betting too much at the blackjack table… he hears a honk and knows when it’s time to stop.
But the actual reason I love the commercial so much is that I can’t help but imagine how great that feature would be in REAL life! Here are just a few of the areas where I thought that concept would be ideal…
- When I’ve said / shared enough
- When I’ve eaten enough
- When I’ve put on enough perfume (or self-tanning cream or hairspray or make-up or coats of nail polish)
- When I’ve worried enough
- When I’ve stared long enough
- When I’ve baked / boiled / microwaved <insert any type of food here> enough
- When I’ve called / emailed / messaged enough
- When I’ve spent enough
- When I’ve trimmed my bangs enough (Ladies, can I get an AMEN on this one?)
- When I’ve stayed long enough
Of course, I made the number 1 mistake of over-sharing and telling my thoughts to Lee about the whole thing and now he “honks” at me before I ever even open my mouth. See… where was that horn when I needed it?