Are your family and friends using words like “intervention” or “excessive” or threatening to take your computer or smartphone away? Have you begun to neglect daily functions like bathing, eating and caring for your schoolwork, work/work, friends or family? If you answered yes to any of the previous questions… You MIGHT be spending too much time on Facebook…
1. You feel the need to update your status when you wake up, again after going to the bathroom, again after eating breakfast, on your phone while you drive to work, from your office or cube once you’ve arrived at work… etc. etc. etc.
2. You start each new sentence with the words: “I saw on Facebook that…”
3. Friends and family are FORCED to join FB just to know what’s going on with you.
4. Dinnertime conversation is pointless because your children-husband-wife-girlfriend-boyfriend-siblings and parents are now on FB and already know the minutia of the events of your entire day.
5. If away from your computer/phone for any length of time you feel compelled to run up to random people on the street and shout your status at them.
6. Dishes and laundry are piling up, your filthy kids are screaming to be fed, the dog has officially started using the living room rug for his personal toilet, you haven’t showered yet and it is almost time for dinner.
7. You have so many FB friends that you see someone on the street who looks kind of familiar… and you aren’t sure… but you think maaaaybe they are on your friend list???
8. Strangers approach you in Wal-Mart and ask how your colonoscopy went.
9. You feel led to post the pictures OF your colon as soon as you can scan them in.
10. IDK… U R 2 tired from FB-ing all nite 2 C 2 txt! LOL! OMG! Now LMAO! BTW… WTF? TTYL …
If U understood the above sentence, U R definitely spending 2 much time on FB!
5 thoughts on “10 Signs You Might Be Spending Too Much Time on Facebook”
I think I’m going to have to share this on Facebook.
Hilarious and true. You know what they say truth is stranger than fiction 😀
I must still be okay because I couldn’t read the last sentence. Well, not ALL of it. :O)
Love it and I did not understand #10 at all!!! What a case of TMI at times on FB – I am AMAZED at what people make public on there – YIKES! I try and refrain from being on there longer than 15 minutes of my day at times, especially on the weekends – the traffic is overwhelming on the weekends – cannot keep up at times:)
ANY time on FB is too much as far as I’m concerned! It’s a strange social phenomenon that I don’t understand.